Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 30, 2009

So long old friends...

Today I had to say goodbye to some dear old friends. It may not sound like much to most people, but to me it is a sad farewell. Today I had to part with my acrylic nails. I have been getting my nails done regularly since I was 15 years old. I've been through many changes from regular acrylic, to white tips, to pink and white or solar nails. I've been seeing the same nail lady since 1997. She is more than just a nail technician, she is a family friend. My nails are a part of my identity and now they are gone. I decided the nails had to go for a of couple reasons. First, I can no longer devote the time it takes to get my nails done. Time will be in even shorter supply once the babies get here. Plus I'm exhausted just getting up and getting a shower. So making it to the nail salon is extra effort I just can't devote right now. Finally, acrylic nails can be very expensive to maintain and we need to save every penny we can. The extra expenses of diapers, formula, child care, and more will be on us before we know it. So I bid farewell to my precious nails for now. But never fear, we will be together again someday old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment