Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not too jovial this week

Last Sunday my sorority sisters from UGA put together an awesome baby shower. The fabulous Meredith MacKenzie played hostess even though she and Adam just moved into a new house. I will post lots of details and pics soon but just haven't had the heart to do it.

Maybe it's the hormones or maybe it's to be expected, but I just haven't felt very jovial this week. I've had a lot of fear and anxiety swirling around. First of all, we found out my Uncle Derick (Mom's brother) has a partially malignant brain tumor on his brain stem. In fact, he was just diagnosed this week after having a very painful headache that wouldn't go away. He had surgery on it this evening (Wednesday) and the docs are hopeful they got it all. But we'll have to wait and see how things go. Please say a prayer tonight for him and our family.

Then on top of that, my blood pressure is elevated despite my best efforts at bed rest. I spent today with my OB doc and they are not concerned enough to admit me to the hospital (thank God!) unless my 24 hour urine specimen shows protein. Sorry if that's TMI but there's no graceful way to say it. So tomorrow I'll be peeing in a cup all day- oh joy. As long as that is clean as well as some other blood work, I can continue modified bed rest at home. Please pray this is what the doctor orders.

Also, many of you may remember this is right around the time we lost Leyna last year. We found out on November 21, 2008 that she had passed away and I delivered her the following day at Piedmont-Fayette Hospital. This is such a bittersweet time. I am so thankful to be pregnant with these 3 little miracles in my belly but still grieving the loss of our first daughter. When my blood pressure shot up, I started to panic fearing I could lose Sarah, Luke, and Jake just like we lost Leyna. I don't know if that fear will ever subside until I'm holding those 3 sweet miracles in my arms.

Now that I've been seen by my doctor and we have a plan in place, I am breathing a little easier. Please pray for Derick and our family, for the triplets, for my good health, and for Leyna. And I promise to have a lighter post soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for all the sorrows going on in your life. It's good that the DR's feel they got the tumor. As far as the high blood pressure, your doing all you can for now. If the DR felt it was an emergency I have no doubt they would do all they could for you and the sweet babies. How many weeks are you now? 28? remember at 28 weeks the babies have a 90% chance of survival rating. That's amazing :) keep that in mind. Every week counts! but 28 weeks the babies CAN live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying with you and for you. I miss ya soo very much. Lov YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be expected to be cheery all the time. So just acknowledge the blahness and then let it go. Happier times are ahead. I'll be thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete