Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

24 Weeks


Today I've reached another milestone. Today I am 24 weeks pregnant. This is the point when a baby is considered "viable" meaning it could possibly live on its own outside the womb. I could not imagine having a baby this early and born this small. But with all we went through losing Leyna, it eases my mind that these babies are going to be ours to keep. With each milestone I have set forth in my mind, I can breathe a little easier when we sail past them. The first milestone was making it past the point in pregnancy when we lost Leyna. The second milestone is this 24 week "viability" mark. Next, is 28 weeks, a point where most will not suffer long-term complications although they will need a lot of help when they're born. Then is 32 weeks where most babies are healthy they just need a little help with breathing, eating, and staying warm. My preference is that the babies will stay put until their scheduled c-section date at 36 weeks. Only time will tell when we get to meet these sweet little babies. But for today I'm breathing a little easier that my babies are snug as a bug in a rug. Only 84 days until 36 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear those little babies are doing well! I'm equally excited to see progressive pictures of you. :) You look so good!!! Did you color your hair darker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie :)
    yes my hair is darker. I thought it would be good since it's getting cooler. Plus it should be less maintenance.

    ReplyDelete