Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The dreaded glucose meter!

Last week I was scheduled to do the 2 hour glucose tolerance test. The day before the test my OB Dr. Wooten decided he didn't want me to take the test after all. His rationale was that if I passed the test he would still worry about gestational diabetes because of the high-risk multiple pregnancy and if I failed the test it meant I already had gestational diabetes. Either way, Dr. Wooten wants me to be closely monitored. So he decided to cancel the test and just get me started on a meter. I am in no way excited about having to stick myself every day to measure my blood sugar but my main concern is keeping my babies safe. I will do whatever it takes to get all 4 of us through this pregnancy as healthy as possible. I took my very first readings today- one after breakfast and one after dinner. After digesting breakfast my reading was 98 and 110 after digesting my dinner. Both are great according to the booklet from the doctor. So while it's a pain to do this every day, it's great to know I'm right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment