Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our first Halloween!

Well, it's not my first Halloween. I was born on Halloween...30 years ago today! I was quite a little trick or treat surprise since I arrived over a month early. But a fun surprise none the less, just ask my folks...lol.

This time last year I was waddling around town with the triplets still tucked away safely in my belly. Now, our little trio is getting to experience their first "spooktacular" day (c'mon I had to use the pun). Kurt's folks came over today to celebrate my birthday and see the kids off to their first costume party. My neighbor and good friend Carolyn hosted a block party in her cul-de-sac. There were lots of kids there and everyone was excited to see the trips out and about.

We dressed them as "3 peas in a pod". We also tossed around themes like Star Wars, Family Guy, or Super Mario brothers. We have to get our theme ideas out of the way before the kiddos start getting an opinion about what they wear! We picked the peas because the costumes were inexpensive (only $15 each) and because we always thought of them as our 3 peas in a pod. My friend Meredith threw me a "3 peas in a pod" themed shower and while in the hospital I cross-stitched a "3 peas in a pod" bib.

The party was a lot of fun and gave us an excuse to get out of the house. And we got to use our new triple stroller- Bonus! The babies really enjoyed themselves but were totally exhausted!




1 comment: