Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

9 Month Olds


Oh, our babies are growing too fast! I finally finished packing up all the 6 month clothes and getting the 9 and 12 month thingsunpacked, hung/folded, and put away. What a chore! And just like with the newborn and 3 month outfits before this, I cried a little as I said goodbye to some of my favorite outfits my babies can no longer wear. It's sad to let go of those things that hold such fond memories. But time marches on. I did have one small victory though. I found several sets of PJs the triplets had as newborns in larger sizes- 9 and 12 months- on clearance at Babies R Us. So now I can hang on to some of those outfits just a little longer. Score one for mom!

Last week our babies turned 9 months old. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone! I wanted to take a moment to say a few things to each of my little munchkins before another big chunk of time passes...

My Sarah-bear, Sarah-belle, and Sarah-bug: my sweet precious girl. You are truly one of a kind! I love that thick, unruly mane of dark hair you have. I love your rosy cheeks. I love how you whisper things to me even though you don't even know what whispering is. I love how nosy you are and always have to turn and look to see what's going on. I love how you dance and bob your head when music is playing. I love how you splash in the bath and get Daddy soaked. I even love that full-out, no holds barred cry of yours. You are truly a miracle and I'm so lucky to have the chance to see the little girl, young woman, and adult you will someday become. I love you!

My Jakers, monkey man, and chunker munker: You were the only one who cried right away when you were born. But you are our most laid back child now. You are definitely my "go with the flow" baby. I love your big head and big shoulders that has earned you the nickname "big Jake". I love your toothless smile. I love your laugh. I love that you reach for me to pick you up and you let out a big wail if I pass you by when you wanted my attention. I love that you were content not to roll over or stand up when your brother and sister would. You were on your own timetable and when you were ready you did it too...but not a moment before. I love when you make a motorboat or bubbling noise with your mouth. Sometimes you even sound like an owl. Someday before I know it, I will turn around and you will be a man. You probably won't let me call you all the ridiculous names I do now, but I'll still be your biggest fan. I love you!

My Lucas man, Lukers, Lukeeeeese: My little guy who DID NOT want to leave the womb. You were happy and content with your mommy and you didn't want to change. Even now you are sensitive to change. You are the most sensitive to loud noises too. I love that you are 100% committed to your emotions- by far, the biggest grins and the saddest cries. Even at just a few months old you cried real tears. I love seeing your smile first thing in the morning. It lights up the whole room. I love how fearless you are. You practically want to dive out of your swing and off the changing table. I love how you want to touch all things electronic and love to push buttons. I love how you stare at things and try to figure them out. It's like I can see your mind at work. I know as soon as you figure out how to use those legs of yours you will be off and running and chasing your own dreams. I'm so blessed to have a front row seat to this journey you're on. I love you!

I hope some day the kids read these short letters and really understand just how much we love them. But for now they get it through our hugs, kisses, and silly nicknames! Happy 9 month birthday my loves!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, babies!

    Kelly, I don't know how you guys do it with three - and three the same age - but what little personalities they have, and sweet blessings they are! :)

    ReplyDelete