Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Eve!

The majority of dates that pass by don't leave an indelible mark on your mind.  But some do.  One of those days was three years ago tonight.  It was a Tuesday.  I was on day 21 of hospital bed-rest.  To say I was restless and wanted to leave the hospital was a HUGE understatement.  The day before on Monday I had a decrease in platelet count and other key labs that concerned the doctor.  But by Tuesday things had leveled out and I actually showed a slight improvement.  The doctor was very impressed with my progress and predicted I could possibly go another few weeks.  I was determined to do it.  Then overnight the bottom fell out.  Things suddenly took a dramatic turn and the doctors felt it was best to deliver the babies.  My blood pressure was sky high and all my lab work showed things were going south fast.  I was determined that this was just a road block and we could push on.  But I got some "tough love" from the doctor who delivered the triplets and I finally conceded that delivery was best.  So Tuesday, the calm before the storm, is one of those days that will be etched in my mind forever.
The arrows show the approximate head placement of each of the babies- Sarah is pink, Jake is green, & Luke is blue

No comments:

Post a Comment