Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wanted: To Borrow a Hot Tub

Does anyone have a hot tub that they want to let me borrow? Also, can you deliver it and set it up? If so, I'm home all day so you can just bring it right over. Oh, I wish I had some kind of giant tub to submerge myself in. My belly is getting so big and uncomfortable. At night, I often have lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions that make my belly painfully tight. The doctor said it is to be expected and there is not much I can do to relieve the discomfort. However, I have found that using pools and hot tubs (must be 95 degrees or less in temp) is very helpful for relief. Submerging my belly gives it weightlessness and takes a lot of the pressure off. I've tried using my own bath tub in the master bath but I just can't get all the way underwater. Since our neighborhood pools are now closed for winter, I'm pretty much out of options. I've thought of just spending the rest of my pregnancy in the Caribbean to take advantage of the warm water but somehow just can't Kurt on board. I wonder why?!?! Anyone have any other "real" suggestions? I'm desperate!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a YMCA?? You could try going to that pool. I'm not sure if you have to be a member, but it might be worth it for the next couple months or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have a YMCA but it's $25 down and $50 per month to join for a short-term membership. It just seems like a lot. I may still consider it.

    ReplyDelete