Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to the doc we go!

Monday we had another visit at the doctor and another ultrasound. This time my Mom joined Kurt and I and she got her first look at the babies. All 3 babies were very active and it made getting pictures quite difficult. Also, the tech could not determine genders this time so we're hopeful for our next visit in 2 weeks. I will be 17 weeks then. Cross your fingers! I feel like 17 weeks will be a milestone for us. That was the approximate week our little girl Leyna Koenig passed away in utero last Thanksgiving. Even though I carried her longer, based on her measurements she likely died during that time. Once we get this pregnancy past the time when we lost Leyna, I think we will all breathe a little easier. They did not measure the size of our little monkeys this visit but I could tell they had grown a lot in just the last 2 weeks. Their heart rates were perfect measuring 164, 162, and 166 beats per minute respectively. They also checked my cervix which is nice and long and closed. That is a very important thing as that is sort of the indicator of change they are watching for. Things will progress as normal until such time as they notice cervical change. That is usually the time when women will be asked to go on bedrest. So please keep those prayers coming I can stay "upright" as long as possible. Here are the new pics of A, B, and C. As usual, A and B are cooperating while wiggle worm C would not stay put long enough for a nice photo. We hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! They look like babies now, instead of beans! :) They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete