Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 7, 2012

To pee or not to pee?

A few days ago I walked in the door (after a long commute home from work) and plunked down, exhausted from a long day.  All I wanted to do was relax when Lucas came right up to me and said "Lucas go potty".  I was stunned by this as we hadn't even started training yet.  The plan was to wait until after we move to the new house in a couple of weeks.  But you don't just brush off a toddler asking to go to the potty so we took him into the bathroom to see what he would do.  We instructed him to take off his shorts and diaper which he did totally on his own.  Then we tried to sit him on the potty but he didn't like it.  We finally got him to sit on his little training potty but nothing happened.  It would have been cool if he'd gone pee his first time but we were still super proud of what he did on the first attempt.  Stay tuned....more potty training adventures to come!

Also...a funny story with Sarah.

The kids were tucked in bed and Kurt and I were standing in the hall at the bottom of the stairs.  Sarah opened the door a crack and started fussing like she wanted out.  Kurt looked at me and said "it's your turn to go tuck her back in".  I didn't want to do it so I said "she'll be fine and she'll go back to bed on her own".  Kurt looked at me skeptically and said "she's standing at the door".  We then heard Sarah's little voice exclaim "yeah, I'm at the door!"  We both burst out laughing.  We had no idea she could hear us!

No comments:

Post a Comment