Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Busy Blogger

Yesterday I was quickly reading through a few friends' blog updates when I realized it's nearly the end of September and I've only written 4 posts!  So few posts is not an indication that we've had an uneventful month.  In fact it's quite the opposite...we've been constantly on the run! 

The month started with our trip to the Smokey Mountains.  I've already blogged about the fun there.  Once we returned, we immediately had to put the finishing touches on our items for the Moms of Multiples Fall Consignment Sale.  Each item (including clothing) had to be marked, priced, and tagged for the sale.  Kurt and I were up many late nights attaching safety pins to infant clothing.  I don't know if my sore fingers will ever forgive me!  Together Kurt and I worked 3 shifts at the sale and are proud to report that most all of our items sold.  We don't have the final totals in yet, but we are hoping to have made $200 at least.  Fingers crossed!

Just days after the sale, I packed a bag for a girls weekend with my Mom, her friend Janie and mom Dot, and my friend Kristy.  We headed down to Panama City Beach for a few days of fun in the sun to squeeze out the last bits of summer.  We had a blast!  I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard in all my life!  Kurt stayed home with the trio.  I know it was chaotic at home, but he survived! 

This past weekend, we finally had some time to work on a few tasks around the house.  It was greatly needed!  We got the inside clean (mostly) and with Dad and Elizabeth's help were able to tackle the garage.  I am so grateful for their help.  I can finally park my car in the garage!  Oh garage, how I've missed you!!!

This coming weekend we will be on the road again headed to Athens.  We're planning to have some family watch the kiddos so Kurt and I can both go to the Georgia game.  He and I usually take turns going to the games so we don't have to find a sitter.  So it will be quite a treat for both of us to go to the same game.  Hopefully I can find some more time to blog.  I hate doing the "summary" posts but sometimes it's necessary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment