Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dig Baby, Dig!



This past Friday my mom and I packed up my car, tossed Sarah in the back, and headed for Panama City Beach, Florida. We decided a few months ago to join my aunt Tracie and her brood for their annual trip. Once word spread, most of the Robinson clan joined in and we soon had 16 (9 adults and 7 kids) people packed into 4 vehicles. It was wonderful to get away for a few days. Kurt stayed home with the boys for a little bonding time of their own. We enjoyed some beautiful weather and fantastic seafood. Although I should have been a little more diligent with the sunscreen! Sarah enjoyed all the attention and really liked the beach. Although she didn't like me putting her feet in the ocean. Maybe next year! One of the cutest moments of the trip involved Sarah and cousin Zane (Derick and MaryBeth's 3 year old). He wanted to build a sandcastle with Sarah so he gave her a shovel and set off to start the project. A moment later he came back over to Sarah puzzled why she wasn't helping. He said "dig baby, dig!" thinking she just needed a little encouragement. All of the adults were laughing hysterically. It was so cute he did not understand that she was too young to know what to do with a shovel. I don't think any of us will forget that line as long as we live! Here are my favorite pics from the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool you got some "girl time" with your daughter. it's important.
    Just like daddy getting to bond with the boys.

    Memories no one can ever steal. =)

    ReplyDelete