Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Etched in Time

Before I became a mother, I never really thought much about Mother's Day. As I sit here in my bonus room chair typing this post, I scour my brain to come up with just one single memory from a Mother's Day past. I have always been a dutiful daughter, celebrating the day with my mom. And in 1996 when my dad remarried, I worked to make my step-mom feel special too. But I still can't remember a single Mother's Day before 2009.

That Mother's Day was the worst. Our baby girl Leyna was supposed to be born in April, the month before. But at Thanksgiving, we lost our sweet baby. So you can imagine how painful it was to have empty arms that should have been cradling our newborn daughter. I didn't even want to celebrate that day. Although I had no idea at the time, I was just weeks away from finding out I was pregnant with the triplets.

Mother's Day 2010 was quite chaotic. We were still settling into life with infant triplets. We were actually getting a little sleep by this point, but the day was still super busy juggling food, families, and babies!

This year's Mother's Day was just perfect. I spent the entire day relaxing. I played on the floor all morning with the munchkins. Then my mom and I hit to pool. Later, I managed to squeeze in a nap. Life just doesn't get any better than that. And the trio gave me the best presents of all. This weekend, they finally decided to start walking. They practiced hard all weekend and by Sunday afternoon they were toddling all over the place. I couldn't be any more proud of my babies...oh excuse me...toddlers! I have a feeling these Mother's Day memories are going to hang around awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Congrats on the Trio walking. =) That I know is a very proud Moment indeed!

    Happy Belated Mothers day

    ReplyDelete