Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birth Day Eve

One year ago today was just a normal day on the HRP floor. I had been in the hospital for 3 weeks already and I was pretty settled into the routine. I woke up, got blood work, ate breakfast, showered, they put me and the babies on the monitor, got an ultrasound, ate lunch, had a round of visitors, ate dinner, was put back on the monitor, and went to bed. That day my labs showed a good improvement so my doctor was optimistic I could maybe make it another week or more. That was great news! I had no idea it was the eve of "birth day". Somehow between the morning of the 5th and the morning of the 6th things drastically changed. When my labs came back the next morning the doctor knew it was time to throw in the towel and get the babies born. I did protest the doctor's advice as I thought it was too soon. But after getting some "tough love" from the doctor, I knew it was the right thing to do.



Flash forward to one year later...today is the eve of the triplets 1st birthday. What a wild ride this year has been. I can't wait to see what the next year holds. Happy early birthday babies. I just wanted to be the first one to say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment