Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Trio Tackles Preschool

It's the night before school starts and I'm anxiously laying awake in my bed nervously biting my fingernails.  No, it's not a grade school flashback...the trio was heading to their first day of preschool.

I should never have felt anxious.  They did great.  To start they are going just 4 hours per day and 2 days per week.  Their days are filled with outdoor or gym play, story time, music, art, science, and more.  I am so impressed with the curriculum for kids just shy of three years old.  They even eat lunch there.

The teacher has written reports home to us telling us the kids are so social and funny and get along great with the other kids.  The first week Sarah liked "playing in the pretend kitchen" and "doing art projects".  Jake liked "playing kickball" and "playing with the dump trucks".  Lucas liked the "group dancing" they did and he liked "playing tag".  Kurt and I both think this is going to be so great for each of their developments.

There was one drawback though.  As you might expect, after their first week all 3 came down with colds.  Nothing too serious but still put a damper on our weekend.  I know they have to be exposed to other kids and their germs eventually.  I just hate when they are sick!  But I think we are all past it now.  Hopefully.

Morning breakfast before school

Sarah walks right in

Sarah & Luke already playing with the toys

Jake has found a toy he likes

And they don't even miss us!

No comments:

Post a Comment