Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lessons from birds

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3: 5-6

I believe with all my heart and soul that God always has our best interests in mind.  He knows all and the plan He puts in place has perfect timing.  So why do we continue to doubt Him even when He proves this to us time after time?  I wish I knew.  I spend far too much time worrying about how things will turn out.  If the path or destination and the timeline is a mystery to me I will stress and worry myself into a fit.  And yet God always provides.  And my worry has never achieved a thing. 

I got a reminder of this over the past few weeks.  A month or so ago, a brown sparrow laid 5 eggs in a nest she had made in a wreath on our front door.   About 2 weeks later the eggs hatched.  Unfortunately one egg fell out of the nest and was crushed and another just never progressed.  Of the 5 eggs, 3 of them actually produced baby birds.  It was such a blessing for our family to watch the circle of life unfold.

The day the birds hatched
At first, the three baby birds were just fuzz balls.  But they grew quickly and began to create quite a problem.  We were getting our house ready to put on the market and really did not want this big messy problem on our front door.  So we stressed over how to handle it.  We didn't want to harm the birds but they needed to go.  And then, the day we listed our house for sale...the birds flew away.  At just 18 days old the birds were ready to leave the nest and live their own lives.  We worried for nothing.  God knew what He was doing.

Thanks for the reminder, God.  Maybe next time I will trust more and worry less.

The 3 hatched birds began to grow but there was one dud


Growing...but still so small


The birds are hungry!


Day 17: the day before they left the nest

No comments:

Post a Comment