Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15, 2009

One year ago today...

my OBGYN abducted me and held me in Labor & Delivery against my will!
I had my regularly scheduled 30 week check-up planned and thought nothing of it. I was having some pain in my belly that morning, so after my appointment, my doc suggested I should go over to L&D to get checked out. So I did what he asked. While I was there, the pain did subside but I had a spike in my blood pressure. I had no idea it was the beginning of the end. The doctors asked me to stay overnight just to monitor my pressure. It did not behave. The doctor was afraid I'd have to deliver early so they wanted to administer steroids to help mature the babies' lungs. That bought me 2 more days in holding. Then my wacky blood pressure (still acting up) bought me "just through the weekend". And I never got to go home. 22 days after admission, my 3 beautiful babies were born. Sitting back now a year later, I kick myself for whining so much about having to stay in the hospital. As inconvenient as it was, it bought my babies precious time in the womb. They were born healthy and happy. And that is all that matters!

1 comment:

  1. happy things turned out so perfect! hospital stays may suck, but being waited on hand and foot doesn't get to happen to just anyone, only to beautiful women like ourselves =)

    ReplyDelete