Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Too much for just one post

Since moving back to Gwinnett our days have been jammed-packed with lots of fun activities.  I thought about doing a summary post and catching everyone up with all the things we've been doing.  But then I realized the post might be like a hundred pages so I decided I needed to break it down.  So we'll start with the Owens Family Bar-B-Que.  Then in future posts I'll write about moving and settling into our new house, gardening with Mimi and Papa, and visiting preschool for the first time.

Growing up I created so many memories visiting family in Rockmart.  I was always so excited to go visit my Maw maw.  She always had peanut butter cups stashed in her kitchen and she made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.  There were lots of animals- cows, horses, stray dogs and cats, and more.  There was also this great climbing tree in the back yard.  My great-aunt Von and some cousins owned a salon.  So we always got our hair done while we were there.

After Maw maw passed away, we just didn't get up there as much as we used to so I'm always excited when we get a chance.  Aunt Von and Uncle Edwin invited the whole family to their house for a BBQ.  I'd say there was probably 35-40 people there.  It was a full house!  Good thing we were outside!  We swam all day and had a blast.  The kids were very bold jumping into the pool, going down the water-slide, and swimming all on their own.  They didn't nap the whole day so on the ride home they passed out right away.  It was a great day and I can't wait for our next trip!

Water Baby

Cannonball!

Lunch time
Jake and his "choo choo train"

Didn't even make it to the interstate

A long day

Kicked back



No comments:

Post a Comment