Countdown!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lucas Richard

Mr. Lukeeeese,
My little man who didn't want to leave his Mommy.  You wanted to stay with me forever.  When you were in my womb I talked to you every day.  It was mostly to ask you to please dislodge your head from under my rib-cage   It was very uncomfortable.  You were so tangled in your cord at birth that it was a very tense few minutes to be sure you were ok.

The first time I ever saw you

That was the last time you've ever been slow to get started with anything.  You are my little ball of energy.  You are a wild man.  Of course you were the first to roll over, to crawl, to pull-up, to cruise, to walk, and to run.  And now you run everywhere.  You were also the first to earn a trip to the ER and stitches in your head.  We affectionately call you Dennis the Menace because of your adorable tuft of hair that sticks straight up and your ability to get into trouble anywhere.  But you have a grin that can get you out of trouble anytime you flash it.




You are so smart.  I know for sure (even at age 2) that you are going to do something with science or engineering.  When you were an infant you used to just stare at my watch, analyzing it as if you were trying to figure out how it worked.  You love to take things apart.  You are fascinated by lights, fans, and all things electronic.



You already have such a tender heart.  You are concerned when someone is hurt or upset.  You give me lots of hugs and kisses and say "my mommy" which lets me know you're glad I'm your #1.  You tell me every day that you love me even unprovoked.  It breaks my heart when I leave for work in the morning and you watch me from the window.  If I could, I would spend every day with you and your siblings.  You are my world.  I'm so lucky to be your Mommy.  I love you so much!



Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment